VLC Playlist

General Production Tips

VLC Playlist

Postby BillyH » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:04 am

I have VLC setup and I can Stream a Movie, but I can't see how to make it show up in the playlist. In Preferences under Stream Output I pick Access Output and in Shoutcast I have this Stream Name: "Movie Time" Stream Description "Live stream from Movie Time" and also I have it set for Stream Mp3. Just to let you know I am 64 year old I have been trying to have the Movie Time show up in the VLC Playlist when I Stream a Movie. I Can't make it work for me at all I would Appreciate your help very much. If I know as much about VLC as you know I would be ok....

Thank You:
BillyHut
Carson, MS USA
BillyH
New to the forums

Postby Eric Adler » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi BillyH, and welcome.
What exactly are you attempting to accomplish and what are the exact steps you have taken thus far? Knowing this, we may be able to assist you in reaching your desired result.
Eric Adler
Site Admin

VLC Playlist

Postby BillyH » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:49 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. The problem that I am haveing with VLC is that I can't get the playlist to work for me. I can Stream the video ok but I need your help how to have it show up in the VLC playlist. I have been working on this about six weeks now without no luck to make it work for me. Anything that you can help me out with this I would Thank you very much. I just like for it to show up in the playlist when I stream a video. If you can please try and see what you come up with. I can't figured it out, but I will not give up..... The computer that I am stream VLC on is a Windows XP Home.
I can stream the video ok, but it will not show up in the playlist when I stream a video .

Thank You:
Billy Hutchison
Carson, MS USA
BillyH
New to the forums

Postby Eric Adler » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:18 am

Which version of VLC are you using?
Eric Adler
Site Admin

Postby BillyH » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:29 pm

The version of VLC I have setup is 0.8.6i for Windows XP.

Thank You:
BillyH
Carson, MS USA
BillyH
New to the forums

Postby gormena » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:49 am

How to add previous music files to VLC Media Player? I need to know how to add my 557 music files onto the VLC Media Player. Previously I used the standard Windows Media Player, but heard great things about VLC. I have tried to add music files, but it seems as though the only way would be for me to do it one by one. Please help me find a way to add all the music files at once.

Return to General